About Me

My photo
I am the soldier painting the peace sign. A contradiction. Torn between the life of inexorable contentedness and steadfast perseverance.The tribulations of a young man wrecked by guilt, attempting to discover salvation through prescription behavioral medication. While it may seem like a depressingly hopeless enigma, it simply is not. Like each voracious hurricane, there is always the eye of the storm, a moment of brightness and brilliance.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pine Ash



A forest of pine trees spread and spaced.
Standing proud, needles pricking at my feet.
As the sky descended, pine began to burn.
The crunching mechanical brutes trouncing towards me.
Inhaling deeply, smoke billowing against the innocence of my lungs.
I witnessed you walk towards me, leading the beasts.
The light gliding along the wind, melting with the oak of your hair.
The pines crashing under their tracks, as you saunter.
Your pupils dilated, locked with mine.
Drawing nearer, the heat wilts my body, nor my resolve.
The smirk crosses your lips as your pace quickens to the sound of crumbling nature.
My eyes look to the sky, searching for purity.
They found nothing but a rain of embers.
Vision blurring as tears track through my charred skin.
Chest swelling with anticipation of your touch.
My arms opened, back arched, eyes closed.
I feel empty as you pass through me.
Pine ash has never tasted so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment