About Me

My photo
I am the soldier painting the peace sign. A contradiction. Torn between the life of inexorable contentedness and steadfast perseverance.The tribulations of a young man wrecked by guilt, attempting to discover salvation through prescription behavioral medication. While it may seem like a depressingly hopeless enigma, it simply is not. Like each voracious hurricane, there is always the eye of the storm, a moment of brightness and brilliance.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Revival

With encouragement from @GraceBellavue and @Jenna_C_ I have decided to revive this blog. I wrote one post, when I came home from Iraq, and I planned for this blog to chronicle my journey. On the surface it seems like a simple 16 hour plane ride with one stop along the way for fuel. However there are so many soldiers who emotionally have yet to come home. I'm not sure if I'm one of them. Perhaps I still remain a convoluted mess, issues from four years of childhood rape, compounded by schoolyard bullying, producing a self sacrificing man who would feed his last morsel of food to the woman that broke his heart. I suppose it would be far simpler, if I had returned a bitter, hardened man, in a way I did. I spent October 2010-August 2011, as a complete emotional fortress. No one in, no one out. I did not feel, I did not care to feel. I had nothing to make me feel. Now within the past two months I have begun intensive therapy for what I survived in Iraq, and perhaps one day when I sum up the courage, what I survived as a child. Every morning when I look into the mirror, I see a man who is not afraid of bullets and bombs, for he would much rather face those, than the emotional trauma of failure. Physical wounds are far easier to resolve.

I'll begin writing regularly, and I hope to attract any audience at all, veterans, survivors of childhood sexual abuse, and the good people on this earth who want to believe they are not alone. I write for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment